graphite and Protec

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:20:11 -0600

Wim,

Nothing personal. I just grew up as a technician when people put
grease graphite on knuckles and it didn't work. Not for very long,
anyway. It just got gunky and made things even worse. So, anytime
I hear graphite "almost" anywhere in a piano, except maybe on the
bridge, I bristle! :-)

Besides, don't wippens come with the jack tops already burnished
with graphite? Why add more? Am I missing something?

Avery