an OT cautionary note to the OT folks

Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:38:36 +0100

A440A@aol.com wrote:

>  sarah writes:
>
> >Be very careful what you say, either on list or in private email.  And
> >brace yourself, because with the Homeland Security Act it will get much,
> >much worse.

And we thought the lessons of  McCarthy were learned. Not. You are right sarah...
it will get worse before it gets better. The Homeland Security Act.... what a
curious name indeed. Whose security and to what avail ?

But I dissagree about being careful what you say. Either get very vocal about
your views, insist on your right to air them in public and take the immediate
consequences, which are probably going to resemble what went on in the 50's at
best, or.... let the evil fester and grow. It only gets worse with appeasment.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.