"Who sells 3/4" POINTED Bridge Pins"/Ron

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:18:08 +0100

Hello,

I'd be cautious about the 2 kind, if installing bigger pins, reaming
should be done prior installation.

Ron said that pointed or rounded pins are ok, only because easier to
install.

I never seen non pointed ones so I had not to deal with.

I am expecting an answer about the use of a sealing agent and it's
eventual effect on tone. As often everything is having an incidence in
piano repair.

I checked the stainless pins I have and they are less hard than the
Biene (iron) ones, so I' will go for the Biene.

Still wandering for the (very hard) epoxy I use. Anyway, the pins
where holding almost well from the start, only " minor cracks, and a
few not holding enough.

I never noticed a problem before, but my thinking change, and my
hearing too, and may be wood/pin only is better.

Regards.

Isaac OLEG.