Sight-O-Tuner?

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:11:38 -0800

I have several SOTs. I use my MODIFIED one as a backup when my SAT decides
to go on the fritz. The MODIFIED ones have Bournes Ten Turn Pots on them.
IMHO, they are more exacting with this modification. However, they will slow
down your tuning time quite a bit, as there is a lot of "knob turning"
involved. Straight out of the box, they are extremely difficult to be
accurate and many are not even accurate for A49! The internal modifications
were necessary to accomplish proper alignment of the "A" and keep it
accurate. The batteries were less than the best. Hope this helps. (They are
certainly better than an olde Conn Strobe, that we see in school class
rooms!<G>)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)