scheduling new customers

Wed, 20 Nov 2002 06:36:01 -0800

I always leave gaps in the schedule to accommodate rush jobs shop work.  The
time is never lost.

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Bondi" <tito@philbondi.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 20, 2002 5:20 AM
Subject: scheduling new customers

Greetings.

My business is to the point where asking this particular question makes me
pretty happy...or sad, depending on your perspective.

How many of you schedule new customers 4-6 weeks out when there's plenty of
space in between those 4-6 weeks?

The reason I am contemplating this is because my own database is doing just
fine, and my return visits to these customers are increasing
also...and...the dealership I work with who sends me the most work is
selling way ahead of last season right now, and the demand for 'warranty'
tunings and my time is increasing.

How many of you schedule 'new' customers 4-6weeks out when there's room now?

This really is a double-edged sword for me. I LOVE being able to respond now
to peoples needs seeing that I am in the service industry, but faithful
customers and new potentially new faithful customers have me asking this
question.

I honestly never thought I would ever ask this question....

Thanks,

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
tito@philbondi.com