scheduling new customers

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:16:03 EST

In a message dated 20/11/02 8:22:02 AM, tito@philbondi.com writes:

<< How many of you schedule new customers 4-6 weeks out when there's plenty of
space in between those 4-6 weeks? >>

Phil;
 I'm not sure this is the right, or at least the best way, to look at this
'problem'.
The first priority for running our "service" business is, or should be, to do
so in a manner that is most profitable to us. If that entails scheduling
"new" customers 4-6 weeks out as a matter of course then OK. A question(s) to
ask is:
What do you gain by doing so?
a. How does doing so help your current faithful customers?
b. Does doing so add anything to your bottom line?
c. Does this practice enable you to work scheduling more efficiently so that
you can devote adequate time to your shop work?
d. Does doing so cause you to have frequent time gaps that you feel
uncomfortable with?
e. Warranty tunings on newly moved pianos should be put off for a short time
to allow the 'new' piano to acclimate to its new home but does the same apply
to 'new' customers with old pianos?

 Bottom line is to do what is best for you and your "service" business, for
by doing so you serve your customers best.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)