Tuning & moving (frequently)

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 06:28:10 -0500

Jean,  Shimming consist of inserting an object between two part that
are usually together to either fill a gap or adjust spacing
relationship or to prevent them from moving. A shim the object that
you would put between these two parts.

In french I would say shimming means "caler", and the shim would be
"une cale".

J'espère répondre à votre question.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke   QC