S&S D Duplex

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 00:46:08 +0100

Hello, David,

Assuming it is not sounding too much after that...
Duplex noise is one thing, if it become a real note it would be not
acceptable I guess. if we add too much length at the duplex it may
ring.

Beside, in regard of the spectra enlargement due to inharmonicity, I
doubt that duplexes can be tuned accurately by computation.
And as we probably aim for an evenness of tension on the 2 sides of
the bridge, I see an impossibility there, or a very hard task.

When tuning, there is a point where the system is more responsive, and
I believe that is when the tension (or the pressure) have evened. No
real backup on this one, are some facts known about it ?

I like to know what it made in regard of the phase coupling, but I
suggest that the evenness of tension, or the evenness of pressure on
the 2 sides of the bridge give it more freeness to respond to string
solicitation.

Best regards.

Isaac OLEG