"Who sells 3/4" POINTED Bridge Pins"/Ron

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:57:20 +0100

Hello

As I understand now that the end of the pin may not be stuck in the
wood, I then see no reason to use pointed pins, and , beside, we have
to be cautions on some nbrands as they tend to open the laminations of
the bridge if tapped.

So many things that we may be cautious about !

I've been told too that the Epoxy is not known for its sound
conduction capacities. Particularely when driven in the wood, the
effect may well be the dampening of some higher partials when used.

I like the idea of brass for its lubricant capacities, but it may be a
little soft metal maybe (but I undestand it is way less soft than iron
of capo bar)

I can use stainsless pins, rounded, do anyone have some idea about it
?
Very hard to file without warming a lot.

Regards to all.

I follow the duplex discussion, hopefully I will have some infos on
the subject by someone that build pianos.

Isaac OLEG

France