S&S D Duplex

Duplexdan@aol.com Duplexdan@aol.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 02:06:38 EST

Ron,
 Just because Steinway invented the duplex scale doesn't make them impervious
to imperfections in their tuning. It also doesn't obviate our interest in
correcting these imperfections. By the same token it does give us, as
technicians, an opportunity to contribute to the piano tone of their, as well
as other instruments that purport this feature, by fine tuning them.  I would
suggest to you that this is an opportunity to enhance the piano tone of many
instruments rather than an opportu;nity to criticize the ir design or
preparation.

Dan Franklin