LIST CENSORSHIP - Put it in perspective!

Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:36:08 -0800

Carl, I was joking.   I don't really consider "amen and hallelujah" =
religious commentary. =20

The important thing to remember is that if we can't laugh at ourselves, =
don't worry, someone will.

David Love

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Carl Meyer=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: November 18, 2002 8:18 PM
  Subject: Re: LIST CENSORSHIP - Put it in perspective!

    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: David Love=20
    To: Pianotech=20
    Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 10:13 AM

    Carl:

    Could we limit the religious commentary.

    David Love

    David, I used to consider myself the Rush Limbaugh of the PTG, but =
you seem to want to relegate me to the status of Rodney Dangerfield.  I =
can get into trouble just agreeing with someone.  I don't get no respect =
at all.

    Since my post consisted of only three words, I'm wondering just what =
the limit is.  The word "and" shouldn't count since some may not know =
what the meaning of the word "and" is.
    That leaves only 6 syllables.  Pretty tight limit if you ask me.

    I'd like to bring up my pet peeve.  I don't consider e-mail a =
problem.  My right pinky can find the delete key instinctly.  Junk mail =
doesn't bother me either.  I have a mixed paper recycling service from =
the city where I live.  I hear so much complaining about those, but =
never hear any ranting and raving about the junk phone calls that have =
me climbing out from under a grand piano to find a computer just hung up =
after the second ring or a telemarketer that insists I've won a free =
trip to Iraq or Haiti.  I'm beginning to think that the invention of =
Alexander Graham Kowalski (the first telephone Pole) wasn't meant to be =
used that way.  Where is big brother when we need him?  You can believe =
that political canvassing would be exempt even if they did make it =
illegal.  A couple days before the election I got a call from Gov Gray =
Davis and Bill Clinton and they were taped so I couldn't even tell them =
where to go. =20

    I saw a device a few days ago that detects a computer generated call =
and sends a signal that the phone is disconected.  Calls then should =
taper off.  Anyone used this?  I think it was about 30 dollars.  We =
shouldn't have to do this.

    GGGGRRRRRR

    Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
    Santa Clara, California