missing action

kennys@kennyguitars.com kennys@kennyguitars.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:56:57 -0500

Hello,
I thank you all in advance for any advice you can give.  I had an =
interesting call today.  This customer has a verticle piano with thte =
action missing due to an old tuner who collected their action and then =
moved away and/or died.  Apparently these were in a severe car crash =
some time after he received the action.  By the time they were back up =
and about, the tuner was not to be found.  The keys were left with the =
piano.  About five years have since past.  The piano is a "Kurtzman" 45" =
upright with #141252.  From what I can tell this is a Wurlitzer stencil =
piano from 1936.  There are 10 monochords, and 22 bichords on the bass =
bridge.  The tenor has 21 trichords, and the treble 35 trichords.  Are =
there action rail blanks and action brackets available for such a piano. =
 I'm sure I could duplicate the rails if need be, but redesigning =
everything would be a challenge, for me, to say the least.  Does anyone =
have any other ideas about retrofitting an action for this piano?  Does =
anyone have a spare action that might fit this piano?  This piano has =
significant sentimental value to the customer.  Thanks again.

Colin Kenny
Peru, IN