From Touch to String Vibrations

Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:47:07 +0100

Hi folks

I just received a copy of an article written by Anders
Aksenfelft and Erik Jansson in 1990-91 publicized in teh
Acoustical Society of America's Journal in 1991. It is
entitled From Touch to Strin Vibrations II : The motion of
hte key and hammer.

Anyone interested in touch phenomena and how differing touch
relate (or do not) to differing tonal effects should order
this and read it. A great experiement done by two of our
times most important contributors to music instrument
physics knowledge.

My initial reading was.... just out and out fascinating !

Thanks to Prof. Alex Galembo for sending me this and another
article along similiar lines which I will jump into
tommorrow.

Get this one !!

--
Richard Brekne