Soundboard Stains

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 09:21:54 -0800 (PST)

Often soundboards were finished with shellac, an
organic substance edible to roaches, crickets, and
probably fungus, too. Especially in Florida. And it
could be from household air contaminants ( cooking,
smoking, bad breath ) or that something was spilled
there, accelerating the culture and extending the
stain into the actual wood.
     Thump