OT better Off List: was Re: Pray for the good guys ...

Sun, 17 Nov 2002 17:58:28 +0100

> From: "gordon stelter" <lclgcnp@yahoo.com>
>
>      Funny how everyone is allowed to express opinions
> here but me.....

Well Thumpy :) you are'nt the first and no doubt wont be the last to air this
sentiment. But a couple things to keep in mind if I may take the liberty of
offering some observations.

--Allowing oneself the freedom to throw out a quip here and there, even an
occasional rant... regardless of subject matter is really cool with most people.
But if you get carried away the group will let you know about it... in their own
special way :) Go with the flow when you can.

--Being baubaciously bombastic seems to incite all kinds of reactionary verbal
violence, even when jesting.

--Long drawn out expundulations of extraraneous extrapolation are extremely
difficult to follow, and irr the temper when agressive in content.

--Getting drawn into a flame fight is nearly always a bad idea, tho difficult to
avoid sometimes I am sure. A good sign of this happening seems to be when you
find yourself whipping out 5 - 6 posts in a row in a desperate defence of some
position you have taken.

--Realize that anytime you get beyond describing the weather in you part of the
world, you risk somebody getting all huffy about what you have to say. And
remember... everyone has your private mailbox and some feel no compunctionary
reason why they should not just stuff their unsolicited head in your e-door and
throw all manner of unsavoury insults in your e-face as it were.

--People for some reason dont like << Grin >> included in your posts more then
approximately once a week.... grin.

And finally and most important of all. Most every person on this list are very
fine and extremly helpfull individuals in their own right. The vast majority
will put up with quite a lot from an individual, probably because that same vast
majority realizes that they are just as human as the next guy.

 Personally, I enjoy nearly all of what you and all my other list neighbors
contribute each day for my reading pleasure.

Cheers !

RicB

--
Richard Brekne