chickery-chick

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 08:50:02 -0700

Hi All,
Just thought you might be interested in a repair I discovered.=20
Chickering about 1890 to 1905 ( did not check S# ) with brass rail and =
hammer return spring on the hammer butt. This has the chord for the =
return spring attached to the brass plate that holds the hammer =
assembly.
Boy what a contrivance to assemble!
Any way, with the plates breaking on their removal and no replacements i =
used the little spring with the brass foot Schaff number 1519B ahd filed =
the foot down so that it would fit into the channel of the hammer butt
where the center pin is. I also had to file some of the wood off of the =
channel feet to make enough clearance for the parts to clear.
To assemble was much easier than working with the original parts.
I wonder how they did it back then??  ( Went on the factory tour of =
Yamaha in October ) Wow.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com