S&S D Duplex

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 13:03:47 -0600

>I wanted information from the "main proponet" of tuning duplexs. There is
>some information in the archives but it *is* dated. I hoped that by now Dan
>would have found someone willing to do before and after tests. I might also
>add that the number of persons on the listserv is expanding all the
>time--which might give us access to some one who *has* done such testing.

Hi Don,
Sure, I got it. Sarah wasn't on the list then though, and can get up to
speed from the archives as easily as from someone going through (typing)
all the material again, and rerunning all the counter-arguments again on
list.

Incidentally Don, you're a little dated yourself. Check your system date.
You're falling behind, and we don't want the bears to get you.

>As to the "pinned" or unmoveable duplexs--I thought if *anyone* knew it
>would be Dan. He's apparently done this longer than anyone else--and
>clearly believes in it passionately.

Clearly. While we're at it, I like to see some differentiation between the
rear duplex, which is often "tunable" and which Dan is working on and
concerned with, and the front, which is usually not tunable, though is
mentioned often in connection with tuned duplexes and patents thereof. The
front and rear duplexes do work by entirely different methods (except the
rear duplex shown in #13960, which works by both methods), and should be
addressed as different systems.

Pre-Accu-Just hitch pin Baldwins had individual fixed aliquots. Pinned
aliquot bars have been mentioned and pianos named here, but I forget whose
was what.

Ron N