S&S D Duplex

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 11:29:22 -0600

> > Don Rose posed some good questions. I would also be curious about
>
>Yes, and I had already raised most of those questions myself in the
>beginning... <sigh>

Every single one of these questions, and more, have been discussed at
length on the list. It's available in the archives to anyone interested
enough to hunt it down and read it.

>I was curious to read the patents to which Dan referred (126840 and
>5736660 ).  I found the following web site for the US Patent Office:
>
>http://www.uspto.gov
>
>There is a search engine that quickly takes one to the relevant patents.
>The more modern patents (e.g. Dan's) have text content online.  The older
>ones are graphic format only (i.e. graphics of both text and
>drawings/photos).  Unfortunately I can't access the QuickTime images with
>any of my computers, leading me to believe the problem is on the end of the
>patent office.  Can anyone else access these images?

Yes. Find Alterna-Tif, and install it. While you're at it, look at patent
13960 (1855) too.

><soapbox>
>----------------------------------
></soapbox>
>
>Peace,
>Sarah

For what it's worth. Requesting scientific and/or logical support of claims
made is not going for anyone's throat. This is supposed to be a technical,
rather than a social list. While posted social comments are obviously fair
game, technical claims should rightfully be expected to have some basis of
verifiable fact. Again, if you want the history of this discussion, go to
the archives and read it for yourself.

Ron N