List Censors (Richard Oliver Snelson

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:42:53 -0600

One of the dangers in being candid with some people is that they'll
misquote a private email and post it to the list.  That is the case
here.

The paragraph below in quotes is an accurate representation of what I
told RicB in a private email.  It was in the context of requesting
that the subjects of politics and religion be omitted from the PTG
lists.  My political views were confined to a private post rather
than a public one.

I'll not respond publicly about his or my political views.  The
meaning he perceived from my political views and his negative public
response serves as a prime example of why we try to keep politics and
religion off the list.

Dave Porritt, co-chair
Electronic Communications Committee