I wish they'd get it right!/Tommy Black

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:36:14 -0600

>Two things I see wrong with your solution: #1 welding rod is softer and will
>indent more rapidly than steel.

Joe,
What do you suppose welding rod is made from? Near as I can tell, it looks,
bends, cuts, files, and tastes a whole lot like bridge pins. How hard do
you suppose bridge pins are, anyway?

>#2 grinding the tops with a belt sander will
>create too much heat, which will cause loose bridge pins!

Quite likely, unless it's done a little at a time, allowing to cool
sufficiently.

>Even with hand
>filing, there is considerable amount of heat created and should be done
>alittle at a time, allowing to cool sufficiently.

If this is a problem, you drink way too much coffee, and are sorely in need
of new files.

Ron N