I wish they'd get it right!/Tommy Black

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:33:26 -0800

Tommy,
Two things I see wrong with your solution: #1 welding rod is softer and will
indent more rapidly than steel. #2 grinding the tops with a belt sander will
create too much heat, which will cause loose bridge pins! Even with hand
filing, there is considerable amount of heat created and should be done
alittle at a time, allowing to cool sufficiently. After all the whole idea
of replacing bridge pins is to give the strings a FIRM seat at termination.
<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)