Unstable piano

Bigeartb@aol.com Bigeartb@aol.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:07:24 EST

Conrad,
      As you already are aware, piano technicians are constantly fighting
humidity. I tune several of these Yamaha P-22 pianos on a regular basis. IMHO
this piano is not as susceptable to humidity changes as a Steinway. The
instrument obviously is in an unstable environment. The Damp-Chaser system
will probably help the problem But who is going to fill up the bucket of
water every time it runs dry and then too, I suspect they are not going to
correct the problem. So, just tune more often if possible.

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.