Suggestions warmly welcomed..

Nichols nicho@cybermesa.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:20:08 -0700

At 02:49 PM 11/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I have a situation that warrants opinions from those who have either been
>there, or might think with a slightly different angle than me.

One suggestion I didn't see on this thread involves showing up with a truck
(or trailer), and imposing a mechanics' lien on the piano(s) you worked on.
When you're at his store with a couple of burly "repo" movers, the cash
(don't accept a non-certified check) may magically appear.
This option may not be cheap, but if you have regular movers, you may be
able to time it with them. The dealer may owe them, also. It also has the
nice benefit of initiating communication, like.... "Okay, I understand,
so... X amount now, and 5 bucks a week, right?" It's a start.

Guy

PS...Roger, Wim... the dealer I worked for (me) paid me well... and I STILL
quit! But.... at least I didn't move to Alabama! (been there... done
that...5 years in Huntspatch)

"Controversy equalizes fools and wise men and the fools know it."
                 Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)