Nasty Baldwin treble

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:51:31 +1100

At 12:41 AM -0800 14/11/02, Susan Kline wrote:
>This is a joke, right?
>
>Only I missed the first paragraphs .... and I've never said a word
>against aliquots that I can remember. Of course, these days I'm
>remembering less and less.
>
>"Duplex", please quote the post you are replying to, if this isn't a
>lame excuse for humor. I think you'll find it isn't mine.
>
>Susan
>
>P.S. Aliquot, starts with an A.
>
>At 01:30 AM 11/14/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>Susan,
>>
>>Since I don't know you personally, I have qualms about addressing you at all.
>>However, your demeaning  and deprecating attitude toward oliquots and the
>>duplex scale does not do you any credit. . . . Please rethink your
>>priorities.
>>
>>Dan Franklin

Hi Susan,

I think that DD might have become somewhat confused between you and
Sarah Fox (possibly a relatively recent list subscriber), who sent a
post on S&S Duplex tuning. However, I think Sarah was asking the
right questions.

Sarah, if you look at the list archives there was quite some debate
on this issue between the dates Oct 29 and Nov 18, 2001; the subject
was "Duplex". I've been doing more research on the front duplex and
detuning. New stuff has come up (which doesn't disagree with my
treble front 'duplex' system into our coming 280 cm concert grand
(which I have been drawing for some months now). Planning to get into
building it mid next year after we finish pianos 4 and 5.

Regards
Ron Overs
--

OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY