S&S D Duplex

Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:45:45 +0100

Some people like the duplex effect, some people dont, others dont even
recognize the effect at all. The pros cons, whats is and whats isnts has been
debated back and forth for ages methinks.

Probably somebody who thought the piano might sound better with the braid
installed.... installed it.. grin.

The most curious such modification I have seen so far was a complete
Bechsteinising of a Grotrian grand by the Bechstein people in Berlin. Now that
was weird... you could really hear both pianos there... the combination didnt
really work so well. Nor does muting off Steinway duplexes IMHO.  I suppose
there would be better ways of quieting these things down if you really wanted
to.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne