Erard moving to Alabama

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:16:24 -0600

At 9:55 AM -0500 11/12/02, Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

>I'm presuming you mean Birmingham Alabama. I service that area. I
>have never worked on "under dampers" of an Erard, but I welcome the
>challenge. At least I won't throw up my hand. (my lunch, maybe). If
>anything, I can always ask you for advice.

Hi Wim, my regional bias is showing. I do of course mean Alabama,
home of the Evil Tide, not England, home of Aston Villa and West
Brom, not to mention Birmingham City. If you want to email me a
contact number off list I'll pass it on to the customer. She has just
bought the piano, I dont know her except through phone contact but
she seems nice enough. I inspected the piano for her and approved it.
These Erards are, I think, great pianos, but I have heard enough
modern technicians, who wouldnt sneeze at a Samick, blow them off as
worthless, that I get a little cautious about referring them to just
anyone.

BTW, speaking of OT replies, has anyone read that book about the
adventurous tuner in Burma to which David Ilvedson refers?
--
----Dave

PS: LSU 27 UA 14?

Dave Doremus RPT