biz cards

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:35:30 -0500

At 11:22 AM -0800 11/11/02, David Ilvedson wrote:
>I'm looking at Avery stock and have a color ink jet.

Two disadvantages of "ink splat" printers. The inks are not
water-fast and the clarity (ie., the real world resolution) is highly
dependant on the quality of the paper. Someone with design sense
should take advantage of a computer's design capability. but that
doesn't mean that the printer attached to the computer is the best
one for the job.

It shouldn't be hard to find a local printer who can print-from-disk.
If you're doing single color, you might consider a master page off
their 1200dpi laser printer which can then be run through their
photocopy machine (either on your own pre-perf'ed sheets or from
cardstock which you then slice up). I bought a $40 rotary-knife
trimmer which allows me to produce CD jewel box panels from straight
cardstock rather than the much more expensive pre-perf'ed sheets.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"When writing a mental note, first procure a mental piece of paper"
     ............mental graffitti