biz cards

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:16:33 -0800

At 10:40 PM 11/11/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Tom Dickson,
>Professional Piano Tuning and Repair,

Hello, Tom. Good points.

When I see "Professional" in your signature, is this your business title,
or did you just put it there because of this topic? If you always use this
title, is it because your area is plagued with amateur tuners?

Almost from the beginning, I've designed my own business cards, because I
have done a certain amount of layout and have taken art classes, and it's
fun. My current card I built at twice the final size, and then had a
printer shoot it at 50%. This allowed me to put a pen and ink drawing of
the front of a grand piano in one corner, and to use press-on letters for
the rest, instead of computer-generated print. The fun part of press-on
letters is that one can adjust the letter spacing exactly.

I'm not sure how "professional" the end result is, but it seems
sufficiently good to me. The thing about designing and laying out one's own
cards is that they will be unique, and they will have a "custom" feeling.

Not, perhaps, an economically justifiable use of time, but I just
reclassify it as "hobby." As I get older, exploring interesting things is
becoming more attractive than getting through a lot of work. (Not that I
was ever good at getting through a lot of work before, either <grin>.)

Susan