Squeeky jack spring??!

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:23:16 +0100

Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Any chance the noise is between the jack tip and the
> knuckle?  I get groans there on older pianos.  If all else
> fails, try some teflon powder on the knuckle.
>
> Regards,
> Clyde

Actually Clyde, this is not such a bad call either. While
ofte times this particular friction moment ends up being
more of a scraping sound then anything else, I have also
heard this come out squeeking on occasion. Teflon applied
with a number 86 B hammer normally is a good idea any ways
me thinks.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.