Newbie question: Are bridle straps necessary?

kenneth.gerler@prodigy.net kenneth.gerler@prodigy.net
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 07:17:25 -0600

Jeff,
They do serve the function that you suggested.  About 20 years ago, =
Kimball experimented with actions without bridle wires and bridle =
straps.  If everything is working like it is supposed to, everything is =
fine.  I did have some problems with them when I was servicing them. A =
number of them I had to add lubrication to action centers or repin some =
as there were contaminated centers (glue residue maybe).  If the bridle =
straps would have been there, the added weight of the whippen pulling =
the hammer would have overcome that.

Ken Gerler