So much for colleagues, so much for integrity, so much for ethics.......

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:39:17 -0500

At 7:10 PM -0800 11/10/02, Susan Kline wrote:
>At 11:34 PM 11/10/2002 +0100, antares<antares@euronet.nl> wrote:
>>List,
>>Some time ago I wrote an article for the Dutch email forum in my own
>>language and, as I wrote it in Dutch, it was - clearly - meant for the Dutch
>>subscribers only.
>>
>>Unfortunately there was a very sneaky Dutch colleague ...... <sigh>
>

>OOR, I'm sorry this happened. I haven't seen any article supposedly by
>you floating around -- it didn't get onto pianotech, did it? And what
>was the subject, in case I do see it?

I am familiar with the original incident. The text has not shown up
on PTx. Anyone seeing it and thinking that it might an interesting
development in the piano biz should check directly with Andre. He
alone should be the one to decide whom this gets shared with. While
Andre's experience and wisdom are clearly visible through the clumsy
translation, it should really go no further than the audience for
which Andre intended it.

>I think that the best thing you could do, though it would be a bit of
>work, would be to translate your original article yourself, and send it
>to us. I'm sure we'd be interested in it. And then, if we saw that
>other bad version later, we'd say, "ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES! You are not
>the REAL André!"

It's my guess than Andre would prefer to undo the damage incurred by
its original unauthorized translation/dissemination, before
purposefully distributing the article any further. (The translation
included a misrepresentation of another technician's offering to the
trade.) Rest assured that if someone with a copy of this and posting
it to PTx, will run into a hostile audience led by Andre himself.

So let's all give some respect to our colleague Andre, and be
prepared to ignore something which purports to be from him but which
isn't. (No this isn't a computer virus but a human worm.) We should
also allow him to be the judge of how to bring up the matter (if at
all).

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Round here we don't talk unless we can improve on the silence."
     ...........Ron Rude, local Public Radio Commentator.