Educating Managers

Sat, 9 Nov 2002 08:24:19 -0800

Should read below ... "there is often not as much time as you like..."

David Love

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "David Love" <davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>
To: <cedel@supernet.com>; "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 09, 2002 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: Educating Managers

The difficult thing about concert work is that your ass is on the line =
at
every performance.  While managers such as this sometimes don't allow =
you to
do your work effectively, you are the first one who will be blamed if
something isn't right with the piano.  It sort of goes with the =
territory.
The conditions for working concerts are often not ideal, there is often =
as
much time as we would like, yet our best work is expected.  It can be
frustrating.  And the irony is that we have done our work best when we =
are
not noticed.  Concert goers are not likely to remark "what a nice stable
tuning and voicing", but they will certainly remark if a unison or two
doesn't hold.  It can be a thankless task, but somebody's got to do it.

David Love