Educating Managers

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 17:10:03 +0100

> "The only language for the piano technician to know is
> that those in
> charge are there to insure the show will go on, and that
> it's a much
> larger reality than just a piano tuning for them."     I
> realise that, but it still amazes me when people in the
> business of producing musical events expect you to tune
> while music is being played, people are shouting around
> you, etc.

Course the heart of the question is where goes the bounds of
realism. And frankly.... piano techs have been laying flat
down spread wide open for the proverbial screw job for far
too long.  Perhaps thats why in the past 200 years our sort
have gone from being amoung the most highly regarded in
society, to near lowlifes that should be thankfull anyone
throws a halfeaten turkey bone to them instead of the court
mongrel. The fact is that as long as we continue to accept
this kind of situation, we will continue to be pressed into
it.

JMV

--
Richard Brekne