Credit Cards

Tony Caught caute@bigpond.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:40:34 +0930

Dear Bill,

This subject is about credit cards and the use there off.

If you want to change the subject please do so in the subject line, I =
can't find any reference to CC in your rave.

The fact that you say you have received no complaints could also mean =
that your customers are all blonde.

Tony

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: SidewaysWell1713@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2002 12:05 AM
  Subject: Re: Credit Cards

  In a message dated 11/5/02 11:11:23 PM Central Standard Time, =
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

    they would allow someone to contest the charge if,
    say, they decided they weren't happy with our choice of temperament =
(levity
    BB, levity),=20

  I've accepted them for years, usually a few transactions per month.  =
To date, after 10 years of tuning mostly the EBVT and a total of 13 =
years of never once tuning ET, I have never had a single customer ask me =
to tune the piano !!!!!!BACK!!!!!! to ET.  In the earlier years before I =
came up with the EBVT idea, I did have a few people who asked for =
something milder at the next tuning.  This is one of the factors that =
lead to the development of the EBVT which has never once received a =
complaint.

  This, of course, in spite of what Ed Foote had to say about it.  I you =
were to believe him, the entire audience of technicians at both the 1998 =
Temperament Festival and the repeat demonstration in Chicago in =
September 1999 were *duped* into thinking that in Ed's own words, a =
temperament with "very poor harmonic balance" and octaves that "don't =
make sense at all" sounded acceptable enough to prevail over Virgil =
Smith's ET.

  I regularly do concert tunings at places where I am the chosen =
technician because of the positive responses from the artists.  I'm =
tuning 6 pianos today, one of them for a public performance and =
traveling to a town 50 miles away to tune 3 of them for a group of =
clients who want only what I have to offer. I still use the same =
programs I developed as long as 9 years ago, the programs Ed Foote =
ridiculed and the very same, unchanged programs which were demonstrated =
at those PTG functions.  I have now put on my website my irrevocable =
answer to Ed Foote for all who visit my website to read.

  I've seen quite a few good and informative posts by Ed Foote recently. =
 It shows how well and positively he can write when he is not consumed =
by jealousy over the obvious mediocrity of his tuning skills when =
compared to mine.  Ed Foote wants to be a leader in his field but it is =
not going to happen by simply ridiculing what I do and copying numbers =
out of books.

  "Sideways Well":  the pit Ed Foote dug for himself to wallow in the =
day he knowingly published false data for the EBVT on Pianotech.=20

  Bill Bremmer RPT
  Madison, Wisconsin
  Click here: -=3Dw w w . b i l l b r e m m e r . c o m =3D-=20