Credit Cards

SidewaysWell1713@aol.com SidewaysWell1713@aol.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:35:17 EST

In a message dated 11/5/02 11:11:23 PM Central Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> they would allow someone to contest the charge if,
> say, they decided they weren't happy with our choice of temperament (levity
> BB, levity),

I've accepted them for years, usually a few transactions per month.  To date,
after 10 years of tuning mostly the EBVT and a total of 13 years of never
once tuning ET, I have never had a single customer ask me to tune the piano
!!!!!!BACK!!!!!! to ET.  In the earlier years before I came up with the EBVT
idea, I did have a few people who asked for something milder at the next
tuning.  This is one of the factors that lead to the development of the EBVT
which has never once received a complaint.

This, of course, in spite of what Ed Foote had to say about it.  I you were
to believe him, the entire audience of technicians at both the 1998
Temperament Festival and the repeat demonstration in Chicago in September
1999 were *duped* into thinking that in Ed's own words, a temperament with
"very poor harmonic balance" and octaves that "don't make sense at all"
sounded acceptable enough to prevail over Virgil Smith's ET.

I regularly do concert tunings at places where I am the chosen technician
because of the positive responses from the artists.  I'm tuning 6 pianos
today, one of them for a public performance and traveling to a town 50 miles
away to tune 3 of them for a group of clients who want only what I have to
offer. I still use the same programs I developed as long as 9 years ago, the
programs Ed Foote ridiculed and the very same, unchanged programs which were
demonstrated at those PTG functions.  I have now put on my website my
irrevocable answer to Ed Foote for all who visit my website to read.

I've seen quite a few good and informative posts by Ed Foote recently.  It
shows how well and positively he can write when he is not consumed by
jealousy over the obvious mediocrity of his tuning skills when compared to
mine.  Ed Foote wants to be a leader in his field but it is not going to
happen by simply ridiculing what I do and copying numbers out of books.

"Sideways Well":  the pit Ed Foote dug for himself to wallow in the day he
knowingly published false data for the EBVT on Pianotech.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin