Boogie string breaker

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 23:10:51 EST

In a message dated 11/6/2002 11:45:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
draine@attbi.com writes:

> I would think a set of softer hammers -- perhaps Ronsen or Isaacs if
> you like -- would fix the situation, and probably a new set of bass
> strings would be in order if they've been breaking recently.
> Of course, some serious voicing of the hammers that are already in the
> piano  might make a big difference too!
>
> Patrick

          Patrick

         Well you'd think but not always so.
 He admits to playing it vigorously. I had a guy at a local church ,Big guy
big hands,who played vigorously  that consistently broke  strings, mostly
bass, This was a Baldwin L size but the older model. It had Issac strings and
 hammers. He had to start paying for the damage. which didn't stop him so
they actually banned him.
       Acoustic pianos can be played beyond there intened parameters which is
then abuse and may not have anything to do with the parts ot design. Hey some
people are just stong.
   Years ago the rag time piano player at Disney Land told me that he had so
many butts flying out of his yamaha upright that Yamaha took the piano back a
nd stated the piano was being played beyond its intended purpose. Seems the
industrial strength vigorous playing and time per day caused the butt plates
and screws to work loose. I hope I never see my butt flying thru the air!!
True story honest. Ask Mark Wisner.
             Dale Erwin