Boogie string breaker

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 14:44:26 -0500

On Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at 02:17  PM, Mike Kurta wrote:

> =A0=A0=A0 Esteemed Colleagues:
> =A0=A0=A0 A local dealer has asked this question:=A0 He has a customer =
with a=20
> 1986 Yamaha U1 studio piano.=A0 Ever since the piano was new, bichord=20=

> bass strings have been breaking on a regular basis, now=A0about every=20=

> sixth time it's played.=A0 This problem was addressed under warranty =
by=20
> replacing all the bass strings, but it still occurs, even today.=A0 =
The=20
> player admits to being very vigorous.=A0 The strings break between the=20=

> pin and pressure bar, leaving a 1 inch
> stub.=A0 Hammers?=A0 Regulation?=A0 Strings?=A0 Any thoughts?=A0 =
Thanks.....
> =A0=A0=A0 Mike Kurta

I would think a set of softer hammers -- perhaps Ronsen or Isaacs if=20
you like -- would fix the situation, and probably a new set of bass=20
strings would be in order if they've been breaking recently.
Of course, some serious voicing of the hammers that are already in the=20=

piano  might make a big difference too!

Patrick

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available