Rebuilding Shop Update

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:44:50 -0800

Hello all,

I just thought I'd drop an update to the list on the construction of our =
new shop.  At last report we had just finished our structural =
engineering plans and were pending county approval for permits.

Now, after spending months building our pad, trenching, and wheeling =
tons of sand by hand, Alan and I finally got our forms up, steel =
installed, and passed inspection for our slab.  At 6:30 AM Saturday a =
bunch of cars and trucks pulled into our back acre and workers set up =
equipment.  Soon after a row of concrete trucks lined up out front and =
then proceeded to pour multi-tons of 4000 PSI test concrete.  It was =
pretty scary knowing that we were paying all these people's salaries for =
the day plus materials but by mid afternoon we had a smooth 2,000 Sq. =
Ft. slab complete with embedded anchor bolts ready for our brand new =
piano rebuilding shop.   At last we have something tangible to look at!

With Phase III now completed we will slow down a bit until I can finish =
and sell a couple grands I have sitting in my garage along with a few =
other projects to generate some more income.  Then we can purchase the =
framing lumber and trusses to proceed to phase IV.  We have enormous =
resources dedicated to this project and it will take a while but if =
things go as we hope we hope to have our rebuilding shop completed =
sometime next spring.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV