Drop

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:03:08 -0500

At 1:50 PM -0600 11/4/02, Bradley M. Snook wrote:
>>   Ed:  The amount of drop is the amount of resistance the pianist will have
>>  work through to achieve escapement.  The greater it is, the more of the
>>  keystroke's last bit of control must be done under spring pressure, and
>this
>>  has an effect on how controllable let-off is.
>
>So the question is: is this a good or a bad thing?

I'd take Susan Kline's suggestion and ask a pianist (or become one
yourself). A general rule to remember is that each of these
regulation points has a range, from ineffective to dangerous.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I gotta go ta woik...."
     ...........Ian Shoales, Duck's Breath Mystery Theater