action ratios

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 21:13:10 +0100

Re: action ratiosHi Bill, Richard.

My apologize.  I gave you wrong measurements, as Ric suggested in his =
mail.  I agree this is all new to me, and I should maybe dig it much =
more before I dare jump into a thread like this.  But again, my interest =
was to know if action ratio issues could cause this recurrent problem in =
the Bechstein pianos I know : lack of linearity in dynamics.
So if you are still interested, here are my corrected measures of SW (as =
I don't have the Stanwood tools yet, I did the SW measure holding the =
hammer shank on a blade just beneath the center pin, so the hammer shank =
is horizontal.  My previous measures were with the blade under the =
knuckle.  My fault.)

note   DW  UW   SW
C-3    60    40     9.6   (grams)
C-2    60    39     9.9
C-1    63    47     11.2
C0     62    39     11.6
C1     57    36      9.3
C2     55    35      8.3
C3     56    32      7.0

Please excuse my lack of experience on this practice.

Best regards.

St=E9phane Collin.