action ratios

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 22:49:14 +0100

Bill Ballard wrote:

> At 7:06 PM +0100 11/1/02, Richard Brekne wrote:
> >So I understand this to say that a piano with a 5.3 ratio will
> >necessarily have
> >insufficient jack escapment at 10 mm dip and 44 mm blow ?... just
> >trying to get
> >to what all this boils down to.
>
> That sounded right to me when David first described it.

Are you saying then ( I noted that David refrained from going so far)
that the combination of 5.3 ratio, 10mm dip, and 44 mm blow will
result in an insuficient jack escapment at 1.5 to 2 mm let off,
regardless of how well all other action parameters are aligned ?

This is close onto what I asked a couple three weeks back if you
remember.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.