action ratios

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 22:43:41 +0100

Hi Stéphane

More parts of the puzzle to think about eh ? And this question was a fun one for sure. To be honest I havent really thought about exactly this question before.

Perhaps if you sample some of our now standard parameters we might be able to see into how this may or may not fit into this whole question of  ratio and hammer mass.

If you could give us the SW's, FW's WW's, KR, UW, and DW on say 10 sample keys we might have some fun with this one. And if you also could measure how far the hammer travels for 5 mm key travel (be very very accurate) that would be nice as well.

I'm not so sure I'd buy into this being a voicing problem right off. I mean if the extremes are so very good then I have a hard time understanding that the hammers elasticity is involved. But I will ponder what others say with interest.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne