Everett Pianos

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:04:52 -0700

With absolutely no disrespect, I don't really know how to answer this, =
but I think it's a perfect example of why third party (hearsay) =
testimony is not allowed in Court.=20
  If ya'll (no, I'm not southern unless you count Southern CA. :P) think
  Everetts are good pianos, then one I regularly play once a month must
  need some work.  It's a 45" studio upright that seriously needs =
voicing
  (very uneven - middle C is a dull thunk and F5 is extra bright, for
  example) and the bass probably needs to be restrung/rescaled (the =
entire
  bass is quieter and has an overall poor tone, especially the bottom
  octave or so).  I don't have the serial #, but it has a case similar =
  Baldwin Hamiltons of the 60s to 70s (except this Everett is a darker =
wood
  (maybe mahogany but I'm not sure)).  The name isn't on the fallboard, =
and
  I can't lift the lid (apparently it fastens on with an allen wrench, =
or
  is locked on (it's in an institutional setting)), so the only way I =
know
  it's an Everett is because a friend of mine who's an RPT (who afaik =
owns
  the piano I think but am not sure) told me what it is.