What brands of strings and hammers do you recommend?

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Wed, 29 May 2002 21:34:27 EDT

Stephen,
     Schaff Piano Supply can take care of both your hammer and string needs.
If you plan on installing the hammers yourself then order Abel hammers if
they can match your old set. A little voicing will produce a beautiful tone.
They also make bass strings and if they ain't right then they will make them
right. There are folks that will install your hammers for you including
shanks, flanges and new hammers but I assume you are trying to save money and
besides, you need to install a few sets yourself to appreciate paying that
other guy to do the work. We all have different approaches to the same
problem. Now you must decide what you feel comfortable with. Good luck .

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.