June Journal and FW's

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 19:21:39 -0400

At 10:46 PM +0200 5/28/02, Richard Brekne wrote:
>It would seem then that Vince feels that assist springs should do
>somewhere around 12 - 15 grams of >work.
>I am currious as to how that fits in with others who are accustomed
>to useing assist springs.

They can do up to 20g of work and still be stable. The extent to
which you divide the chore of balancing between the FWs and the
assist springs has to do on the high side with how high your FWs have
been pushed (for whatever reason), and on the low side with whether
you think that the pianist should find a certain amount of inertia in
your action (regardless of the opportunity made possible by the
assist springs.) ...nah, that wasn't too long a sentence.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"There are fifty ways to screw up on this job. If you can think of
twenty of them, you're a genius......and you aint no genius"
     ...........Mickey Rourke to William Hurt, in "Body Heat", discussing arson.