Prices research

markbolsius@optusnet.com.au markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 27 May 2002 17:56:30 +1000

Dear List,

I'm researching the relative costs for piano tuning worldwide. This will end up as
material for either a report or a class at an up-coming convention (In Australia). I
realise I am treading on thin ice here - but I'm not looking to start a discussion on-
line...

Your responses will be treated with the strict confidence, and I ask that you
DON'T post the reply to the list but to me privately.

markbolsius@optusnet.com.au

Please put your responses in your own currency, I'll do the conversions.

Please outline
1. Your basic tuning fee
2. Hourly rate for repairs on-site
3. Do you live in a major city, regional centre or rural area? Population?
4. Which country do you live in?
5. How much does a Big Mac cost there?
6. How much does a base model Toyota Corolla cost? (Optional)

The last two questions will give me some means of comparing living costs.

Any thoughts you would like to share on the issue of determining how you arrive
at your prices will also be respected for confidentiality, but would be most helpful
and enlightening.

I appreciate your help with this. If I write a report on this I'll keep you all informed
of when it gets posted on my website.

Cheers from down under

Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services