SAT and K&C

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 09:02:19 -0400

Every once in a while I would get a bum number with my SAT - one that just made no sense. My suggestion is throw that number out, insert a reasonable number, and see how the tuning sounds. Then add or subtract DOB as needed.

I don't know what it means, but I have certainly seen such readings.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Kurta" <mkurta@adelphia.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: SAT and K&C

SAT and K&CHi Dave:
I too, have seen an occasional negative FAC number, and I also don't know what it means.  I'd be interested in knowing.  FWIW, on a vertical, in small print, I write the FAC numbers on the hammer moldings or on the sides of the hammers if its a nice new piano, and on grands, I record the numbers to the right of the tuning pins on the plate with a fine point marker pen.  The music desk covers these small numerals when in place, and it eliminates measuring the numbers next time I come to tune.  They change ever so slightly, or not at all on the same piano.  Will look for you all in Chicago.......Mike Kurta  ----- Original Message -----