Regulation problem

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 27 May 2002 17:17:26 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/02 3:24:15 PM Central Daylight Time, piano440@clix.pt
writes:

> Today I was working in a GUSTAV LEHMANN Grand piano (INEG 0352 - G84)! The
> problem is that this was the first Gustav I work! The aftertouch of this
> piano is very irregular and they re some parts of the keyboard that doesn't
> have any aftertouch... The first problem I found was that the key bed was
> suspended only in 2 B. screws (the middle screws were floating)... I solve
> this problem and I checked the key leveling and it was ok (64 mm), white
> key depth was too depth ( 11mm, I use 10 mm), Hammer leveling were
> irregular but it was about 46 mm and there wasn t let off and I corrected
> it ( 2,5 mm)... even after this there wasn t aftertouch... and the bass
> section was very heavy... the sound was irregular but I ve seen worst... I
> had to put some lubricant in hammer flange center pin because the hammer
> movement was a little bit slow and heavy but I think this hammer flange
> center pin is not good
> Do some of you have any suggestion?
>
> Thank you
>
> Jos? Fernando Rocha

Jose

I have never heard of Gustav Lehmann, but the serial number might indicate it
is a Samick product. However, from what you describe, it sounds like a
problem a lot of 10 - 12 year old Young Chang pianos are having. The action
brackets are made of a pot metal that actually gets bigger over time. The
only solution is to replace them.

If this is indeed a Young Chang product, you need to contact either Young
Chang, or the company that represents Lehmann. I don't know who that is.

Wim