Regulation problem

Richard Brekne richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no
Mon, 27 May 2002 23:05:23 +0200

Lets see if we got this right...

You ended up with 11 mm key dip, 46 mm hammer to strings distance, and 2.5 mm let off and there was no aftertouch ?

I'd say you have a problem there... :) Quick and dirty is to raise hammer distance enough til you get aftertouch. But you'd probably be best to start from the very beggining, from bedding the keyframe and do a complete regulation in best "make it work" fashion.

I dont know the G.Lehmann grand specifics so I will leave that to anyone that may have run into them before.

RicB

On 27.05.2002 at 19:35 José Fernando wrote:

>Hi list
>

>Today I was working in a GUSTAV LEHMANN Grand piano (INEG 0352 - G84)! The
>problem is that this was the first Gustav I work! The aftertouch of this
>piano is very irregular and they’re some parts of the keyboard that
>doesn't have any aftertouch... The first problem I found was that the key
>bed was suspended only in 2 B. screws (the middle screws were floating)...
>I solve this problem and I checked the key leveling and it was ok (64 mm),
>white key depth was too depth (≈ 11mm, I use 10 mm), Hammer leveling
>were irregular but it was about 46 mm and there wasn’t let off and I
>corrected it (≈ 2,5 mm)... even after this there wasn’t aftertouch...
>and the bass section was very heavy... the sound was irregular but I’ve
>seen worst... I had to put some lubricant in hammer flange center pin
>because the hammer movement was a little bit slow and heavy but I think
>this hammer flange center pin is not good…
>
>Do some of you have any suggestion?
>

>Thank you
>

>José Fernando Rocha

Richard Brekne