Tuning Gone Bad

Frances Helms fhelmsf@netscape.net
Fri, 24 May 2002 12:36:34 -0400

I had a similar call back for a piano with one section that went out of tune.  Turned out that the client had moved a brass and glass shelf unit close to the piano.  There was a sympathetic vibration of the glass when
a particular section of the piano was played that was very deceptive and made that section sound out of tune. Found it by accident when the client played the piano.  I was ready to tear out my hair.
Fran (KS)